Happy Monday! What did you do for your weekend? Hopefully you got to rest, relax, and maybe do something a little fun.
I got to do something AMAZING! A once in a lifetime opportunity!
We went to see Hillsong United live! It was awesome, amazing, and such an inspiration. I know this picture doesn’t even do close to justice of what it was like, but here’s a little snapshot of what it looked like.
Here’s one of my favorite songs of the concert (Unfortunately Brooke Fraser wasn’t there singing like in this video)! They are currently on a U.S. tour, so you should check out and see if they are coming near you. It’s an awesome opportunity to worship.
I also made some of the best brownies I’ve ever had in my entire life. They are the perfect combination of the crunchy outer crust and the soft, gooey, perfect middle. You will not be disappointed. And the best part, they are super easy. How can you beat homemade, awesomely tasting brownies?! Oh wait, I guess by adding salted caramel ice cream from Bi-Rite you can! 🙂 It’s like an explosion in your mouth!
Here’s a few notes on them. In order to melt your chocolate and butter, it works best to have a double boiler, I just happen not to have one. Here’s how you can make it happen without one. In a small sauce pot bring an inch or two of water to a simmer. Place a metal bowl on top that is large enough to rest on top without falling inside. You want to avoid the simmering water touching the bottom of the bowl.
You will also definitely need to use an 8 inch METAL pan (you will be putting in an ice bath later so you risk your glass pan breaking from the change in temperature). I currently don’t own a metal square baking pan either, so I used a round cake pan and they turned out still amazing! I think I need to do some kitchen shopping. My list is currently at a metal square baking pan and a double boiler – just from this recipe!
1. In your homemade double boiler or real one, place your butter and bittersweet chocolate. Allow to melt completely.
2. Add the sugar, salt, and vanilla and mix by hand until well blended with a spatula or wooden spoon.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, incorporating fully before adding the next one, till batter is silky smooth.
4. Mix in the flour and stir until mixture begins to pull away from the side of the bowl.
5. Pour the batter into a metal pan lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until edges of brownies pull away from side of pan.
7. A few minutes before your brownies come out of the oven, prepare an ice bath in a container bigger than your pan (I used a pie plate, but if you use a square pan like a normal person, than a 9×13 would work great). Place hot brownies directly from the oven into the ice bath and allow to cool completely to touch. Unwrap from parchment paper onto cooling rack or cutting board and cut into squares. Then enjoy the moistest most amazing brownie you’ve ever eaten!!!
Hello, I'm Rebekah! Wife to a creative guy and mom to one incredibly cute little man. I love to read (novels), run (especially races), drink lots of coffee (sweet and creamy please), and enjoy beautiful community with good conversation around a table (with delicious food). This space is all about meshing real life, good food, and beautiful pictures - of food of course.