I decided to take part in my friend Carissa’s Miscellany Monday, because it would be a great way to get back in the swing of things. So here’s Miscellany Monday on Tuesday!
I’m sorry that I have been completely absent for about the last month. It has been QUITE the month! I might not have any readers left due to this crazy absence! Is anyone there?? 🙂
1. We did in fact go to Vegas over July 4th weekend, and had the most spectacular time with some amazing friends! Since they are locals, they showed us everything from different hotels, how to get free tickets to awesome concerts at Mandalay Bay, going to where they film Pawn Stars, seeing a new Cirque De Soliel “Elvis” show, amazing restaurants, and of course some awesome home-cooked food as well. My friend Derek likes to cook as well, so him and I chatted, cooked, and recipe looked, and my husband and his girlfriend made fun of us and ate free samples! 🙂
Breakfast at Hash House a go-go! Yes, we did split it, and yes, that was still a lot of food!
At the Venetian. It’s so gorgeous, it makes you feel like you actually might be in Venice!
I’m in heaven! A chocolate fountain from floor to ceiling!!!
Just a little fun, posing for the camera on our hike!
2. My aunt passed away 2 weeks ago on Saturday. It was very unexpected, and was very hard on the family. I made a very impromptu trip back to the East Coast to be with my family and remember my aunt. The circumstances were horrific and shocking, but the time together with my family was sweet and priceless. I was there for three days (was only supposed to be two, but I had a flight cancellation of course), and got some amazing one-on-one time with just my family and these cute patoots! 🙂 I have the cutest nephews and niece alive!!! Just excuse the HORRIBLE picture quality. In the rush of things I forgot my camera, so this is just taken with my Blackberry camera.
This is Gavin – he’s my cuddlebug! 🙂 He likes to sit in my lap for a long time!
I don’t have one of Landon… he was movin around too much. 🙂
3. While I was in Charleston I got to meet some of my good friend’s Katie and Tron’s new baby girl, Selah. She is exquisite!!! So precious, but just as precious was seeing some of my best friend’s being parents! They are so awesome! Check out how beautiful she is.
4. I ran my first 10k yesterday! It felt so good. Something I’ve been wanting to do for a while, and I finished the whole thing. My biggest goal was to not stop and walk at all, and I did it. I even ran way faster than I had been training to run. I had a blast! Next up, a half marathon!
Forgive the horrible picture, once again, I forgot my camera, so I used the BB, and I had just finished a 10k for crying out loud! 🙂
5. I made these a long time ago, and saved the recipe/pictures for a rainy day. Well, today’s my rainy day, because it’s been so busy, that I haven’t done hardly any cooking.
I always find it so hard to find a good recipe for a chocolate chip cookie. They are always too cakey or fall too flat, or taste too much like flour. But this recipe definitely beats them all. And surprisingly enough, it comes from Cooking Light. I wouldn’t say the recipe is good for you, but it does a better job of cutting down the calories than most chocolate chip cookie recipes!
I always make the full batch, but only make about 4 at a time to bake, wrap the rest of the dough in plastic wrap, put it in the freezer, and then pull it out when we want some. It lasts for months this way, and I don’t feel bad about eating a whole batch of cookie dough.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE (By: Cooking Light)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 10 ounces)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large egg whites
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
3. Combine sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
4. Add vanilla and egg whites; beat 1 minute.
5. Add flour mixture and chips; beat until blended.
6. Drop dough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
Hello, I'm Rebekah! Wife to a creative guy and mom to one incredibly cute little man. I love to read (novels), run (especially races), drink lots of coffee (sweet and creamy please), and enjoy beautiful community with good conversation around a table (with delicious food). This space is all about meshing real life, good food, and beautiful pictures - of food of course.
Hearty Italian Meat Sauce 11 years ago
Memories 11 years ago
i loved your miscellany!!! i will try to add the link for you… i think i should be able to. thanks for linking up. vegas sounded like loads of fun! congrats on the 10k! you go! you’re awesome! i’m back to slim in 6 and we also got “insanity” for cheap on ebay. oh my. its tough and supposedly way harder than p90x. it kills me, but its so worth it! i’m so sorry to hear about your aunt. your niece and nephews are adorable – i love their curls! i am going to make these cookies tonight. i’m on a diet and haven’t had sweets in two weeks, but since they’re from cooking light i’m making an exception. i’m also going to freeze the dough like you do; great idea!!! have a fun fun fun staycation!
p.s. – your hair is gorgeous.
Ha, Carissa, you’re so funny! 🙂 I liked doing the miscellany!
I can’t believe you’re doing Insanity!!!! we saw that advertised when we did p90x. That literally is insane. Too much for me. You’ll have to tell me how you like it! Hope you like the cookies!
P.S. Thanks! 🙂 The red is fun!
I’m still following!! =) My hubby comes home from Afghanistan for his 2 weeks of R&R next week, so I will have to bake some of these cookies for him!! =)
Kimberly – YAY! I’m so excited for you to be able to see your hubby! Hope he likes the cookies! 🙂
Comments are closed.