1. The idea that fall is just a few weeks away! I’m so ready for fall…. particularly fall in California.
2. “So You Think You Can Dance” – One of the fun parts about summer! My favorites right now are Melanie and Caitlyn – I’m a week behind – so nobody tell me any recent results.
3. Toms – They are super cute, go with everything, comfortable, and best of all – they go towards a really good cause. The fact that they give a pair of shoes to someone in need when you buy a pair makes it truly awesome! These are my newest pair…. they called them “mustard yellow cords” on the web page. I renamed them “grasshopper green”.
4. Estate Sales – They…. are… brilliant! I have been looking for a cute vintage bistro set for our back patio for a while, and couldn’t find one that wasn’t an arm and a leg. Well, just hop on over to your nearest estate sale – on the last day of the sale of course – and what do you know! Cute bistro set, table cloth and fun vintage milk glass dessert plates. And for an AMAZING deal. Way cheaper than I had found anywhere, and they even kept telling me a cheaper price. Think they might have given us stuff if we’d stayed a little longer! (Pardon the picture – it was taken with my iphone).
5. Printable recipes attached to my blog!! Thanks so much for all the feed back on my last post! I’m sorry it has taken me so long to respond to all of your kind words! It gives me hope that you are using the recipes! 🙂 So, in light of the amazing responses I got… I’ve added a print recipe feature. I’m going to be playing around with it some to see what works best, so tell me how you like it, and what I can do differently to make it work for you all. For now, the print recipe link is directly under the recipe name below!!! Enjoy!
6. This Potato Salad – Full of flavor! You can have it hot or cold! Microwaveable!!! The whole recipe takes less than 10 minutes. Fantastic! Super yummy and healthy. Hope you love it too.
Fresh Green Bean & Fingerling Potato Salad (From: Better Homes & Gardens):
1 lb fingerling or new potatoes, halved
1 cup fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
1/4 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 shallot, chopped
2 Tbsp. white or red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup pitted Nicoise or kalamata olives, halved
1. Place halved potatoes into a 2-quart microwave-safe casserole dish. Top with green beans. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and place in the microwave for 7-9 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once. Drain.
2. For vinaigrette, in a screw-top jar or cruet, combine oil, chopped shallot, vinegar, parsley, Dijon mustard, pepper and the 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cover and shake well until fully combined.
3. In a small bowl, combine green bean and potato mixture, vinaigrette, and olives; toss gently to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve immediately or chill completely and serve cold. Makes 4 servings.