YUM! Guacamole! The world’s best “healthy” snack!! And this one is SOO super easy!
You know avocados are good for you right! I just heard on the Biggest Loser they are 50 calories per ounce of pure heart healthy fats!
Of course it doesn’t count if you eat 15 ounces of avocado’s right?!? All in the form of this super super yummy guacamole! (This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled! 🙂 )
I lived on it during our Daniel Fast, because it was something that seemed normal when we couldn’t eat anything! I won’t tell you how much of it my husband ate! 🙂 Especially after I taught him how to make it for himself! (P.S. That’s how easy it is – sorry babe!)
By the way, did I mention my mom is coming in 16 days?? YIPPEE!!
Super Easy Chunky Guacamole: (By: Me)
1 large avocado
1 plum tomato
sprinkle of sea salt
juice of 1/2 lime (you can add more if you like)
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
5-6 small slices jalapeno from jar of sliced jalapenos, very finely diced
bunch of cilantro, chopped (use amount to your liking)
1. Peel avocados. Place in medium bowl and sprinkle with sea salt.
2. Using a fork, mash the avocados to desired texture – I like mine pretty smooth since the texture will be added by the other veggies!
3. Cut the plum tomato in half and seed the middle using an ice cream scoop. Discard seeds. Then chop the tomato and add to bowl.
4. Juice 1/2 lime or more if desired and add to avocado/tomato mixture.
5. Add chopped onion and cilantro
6. Mix till desired and serve with warm tortilla chips (I also LOVE this in a black bean soup!) YUM!